Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bullying

I found one of my staff in tears yesterday. She is doing a bit of work for another larger charity that we are getting paid for - its a way for us to earn some extra money. Unfortunately the worker she has been dealing with at the other charity has been extremely rude to her - mainly by email. You don't really expect people working in the charity world to behave like this, but unfortunately there are a number of people in charities around our City who have a reputation for behaving like this.

Unfortunately we can't really pull out of this piece of work now without causing problems for ourselves as I am sure the other charity would rubbish us locally. And being a larger and much better connected charity this would not be good for us. Also I am sure if we complained about this worker that could create problems for us. So instead we have made a decision that I will do all the communication with this rude worker. I shouldn't have to do this, but there seems no other way of tackling this without possibly causing us some problems. Luckily this extra piece of work should be finished soon.

No comments: